Komatipoort, Namaacha & Golela Border Requirements:
If you are travelling from Johannesburg, you will be going through the Komatipoort / Lebombo Mozambique Border Post and if you're travelling from Durban, the fastest route would be through Swaziland and to the Namaacha Mozambique Border Post.
Both the Komatipoort and Namaacha Border posts will need the same requirements listed in detail below:
KOMATIPOORT BORDER GATE TIMES:
06H00 - 24H00 / 7 days a week. Tel: +27 (0)13 - 793 7311
Download Komatipoort Border Times & Requirements
NAMAACHA BORDER GATE TIMES:
07h00 - 22h00 / 7 days a week. Tel: +258 21 960090
Download Namaacha Border Times & Requirements
GOLELA BORDER GATE TIMES:
07h00 - 22h00 (holiday season: 06h00 - 22h00) / 7 days a week. Tel: 034 435 1070
Border & Vehicle Requirements:
- Valid Passport with more than 6 months remaining until expiry date. Citizens of South Africa, Botswana, Malawi,
Mauritius, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe do not require holiday visas, though all other
nationalities require holiday visas (which can be obtained from the border) to get into Mozambique, (takes
approx. 30min). All Nationals need a working visa only if he / she is entering Mozambique for business.
- Valid Driver's License of the driver (SA drivers license accepted)
- International / Mozambican driver’s license if staying for longer than 6 months (can be obtained from the AA)
- Vehicle & Boat Registration Documents
- Get a letter from the bank allowing your vehicle across the border IF your vehicle is being financed
- A Temporary import permit is compulsory for vehicles & must be filled in at the border (only DA341 form)
- Compulsory Third Party Liability Insurance Certificate (valid for 30 days from date issued) per vehicle & per
towed application. If you are towing anything, eg: Quad Bikes, Jet skis, a Caravan, a Trailer - you will need to
attach the BLUE & YELLOW TRIANGLES to the front of your 4x4 and on the back of the towed application.
- If you are entering the Mozambique with $US 5,000 or more, a “Declaration of entry of foreign currency” must be
collected and completed at the customs desk
If your vehicle is longer than 6 meters, then you will be required to put reflectors on the front and rear of your
- Each vehicle must have the 2 red reflective triangles & 2 reflective vests
- No drugs, firearms or explosive materials can be brought in Mozambique.
Border & Vehicle Costs (prices Are Subject To Change):
- 3rd party insurance (available at the border) is compulsory - R150 per vehicle
and R80 per Trailer.
- A Temporary import permit for vehicles and whatever trailer you are towing - R10 each.
- Approximate total needed for the border: R350 (prices are subject to change)
Every Visitor Is Entitled To Import The Following:
- Goods to the value of $US 200, inclusive of beer and other consumables,
such as meat.
- 1 (one) litre of spirits
- 2,5 litres (3 bottles) of wine
- 2 cartons (or 400) cigarettes
- Children under the age of 18 do not qualify for liquor allowances.
Terms & Conditions:
BileneAccommodation.co.za cannot be held liable for any change in rates, requirements & times above. This is merely a guide to help you plan your trip into Mozambique, but every attempt is made to keep the information contained herein as accurate as possible.
Always check what requirements is needed by contacting the authorities directly (contact details are above)